· Introduce the students to the various vegetables crops
· To prepare students to successfully grow vegetables for commercial vegetable production
· To describe the climate and soil requirements needed for raising good quality vegetable crops
· To be able to identify seed, plant characteristics, important pests of the major vegetable crops
· To define specific growth processes of each crop studied that leads to a harvestable product
· Get the students acquitted to the various practices and techniques involve in the production of vegetable crops.